Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2012

I'd like to fit into these pants!

I'm on Day 6 of the Jamie Eason LiveFit challenge and it's time to talk about specific goals I have.  I have a few pairs of pants that I really want to wear, but I don't fit in.  

These are the jeans I was wearing the day I moved into my house.  I remember that by the end of the day they were literally falling down from all the sweating I did while moving stuff into the house on June 1 (gross, I know).  It has been over 5 years and I can't get these jeans past my thighs now.  I want them to fit again.


These are Michael Kors khakis I ordered from Hautelook awhile ago, I ordered them in the size I thought I was and yet they are too small.  This might be because I've been refusing to buy a bigger size for about a year now.  I have a number in my head that I refuse to go beyond because I'm afraid once I start, I won't stop.  I would like to wear these.  They were not cheap.

Now, some people like to tell me I've gained weight because I'm not 20 anymore, but that's just an excuse I think.  I mean, there are 30 year old women still wearing a size 4!  It's gotta be possible, right?  Throughout high school and even college, I was tiny and ate whatever I wanted.  Sure, I worked out, but that was just because I liked muscles, not to keep my waist small.  Then, once I started working at a desk full-time and especially when I turned 25, the weight started coming.  But, I thought I just had to workout a little and I'd be fine.  I didn't change my eating habits at all.  Big mistake.  I'm not obese, but I'm certainly not where I'd like to be as far as my body goes.  So it seems that I can no longer eat whatever I want and still look like I did at 20.  
I'm not gonna lie, I love food.  It pretty much is what my day revolves around.  So, I'm never going to be able to cut all those things I love out of my life for good, but I am trying to learn to limit it.  It's not that I don't like things that are good for you, I just also like things that are bad for you!  I pretty much love all food.  I like to eat.  BUT, I also like those size 4 jeans!  So it looks like I need to change the way I eat.  And so far, I'm doing a pretty good job.  I'm trying to keep it simple and doable, nothing too crazy.  I do like the plan that Jamie uses in LiveFit because it's sort of just an outline, it's not crazy specific.  I can handle that.
This is today's breakfast.  It's not super strict, but there's no pork roll or potatoes on that plate, so it's an improvement!  It's 2 egg whites and 2 whole eggs (I'm not afraid of the yolk) and half an Ezekial english muffin with Trader Joe's reduced sugar raspberry jam and a little butter.  I also had a cup of Jamaican coffee with cream and sugar.  I think once my half and half is gone, I just won't buy more.  I'll have to use almond milk or fat free milk or nothing.

It's definitely a process and I'm leaning into it.  I'm excited to see if I lost any weight when I weigh myself Monday morning!  Depending on that, I might get stricter on the diet.  Speaking of food, I need to go make a salad for lunch!  And look up some vegetarian recipes for the week.  I'm all for protein, but I also want to eat more vegetarian options and not just chicken, chicken, chicken, turkey, turkey, turkey!

No comments:

Post a Comment