Pages

Monday, December 28, 2009

A New Year on the Horizon

I always get hopeful as one year ends and a new one begins.  Like maybe I'm getting a second chance with those life changes I failed at last year.  That's not say that last year was a total failure, but of course there's room for improvement!  Last year was all about my wedding.  Preparation and planning for the wedding, including getting shape and losing weight to fit in the dress.  This year is about preparing for the future, emotionally, physically and financially.
Recently, I've started preparing myself for pregnancy.  I'm not planning on it for tomorrow or anything, but I'm thinking we'll start trying in about six months, in hopes of being pregnant by this time next year.  I'm turning 29 in three months and I'd like be pregnant by the time I'm thirty.  I hope we'll be able to have two children (I have no reason to think we won't, but you never know) and I'd like to have both before I'm 35.  And I figure if they're pretty close together, they can be friends (with a large gap between children they tend to not become friends until later in life, I should know, I'm 10 years older than my sister and 13 years older than my brother).  So, in preparation, I visited my doctor the other day and she gave me prenatal vitamins (um, they are HUGE) and told me when to stop BC.  Basically, I just want to make sure I'm as healthy as possible come baby time.
I think I'll do a list here of my goals for 2010.  They're not all about having a baby, but the idea of a baby will probably motivate me more than in years past with no baby ideas in my head.

Eat healthier
Workout again (haven't been on the spin bike since about two days before the wedding)
Increase my flexibility
Finish up the kitchen and living room renovations
Get organized
Start making more money (and saving it)
Get some order in the house, so I don't feel like I'm constantly cleaning and nothing's ever clean
Use my new Macbook Pro to write everyday (I did get it to finally write my first novel)
Stop eating out so much, and cook clean, healthy food in my new kitchen that my husband built for me
Oh, and it'd be nice to stop biting my nails also!

I'm looking forward to this new year and all of its possibilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment