Pages

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Skincare for now

I have skin that I guess you could call oily in the T zone and dry on my cheeks.  I rarely ever breakout on my cheeks, I breakout a little on my forehead, get clogged pores on my nose, and ALWAYS breakout on my chin!  And when I say always, I mean I have pictures of myself in HS (10 years ago) all broken out on my chin.  It's not cool.  So, I'm always searching for the perfect products.  I've used the Murad acne products, Philosophy, Neutrogena and I'm sure a number of other things I can't remember.  A few months ago I bought the Clarisonic Mia, on QVC (it was getting close to my wedding and I was up late having trouble sleeping and everyone swears the Clarisonic is amazing and with the 3 monthly payments, how could I resist?) and I've been using the cleansers that came with it, which didn't seem to help, my skin was getting worse.  So, I went to Sephora for help and with the Kate Somerville Daily Detox Cleanser in mind.  I met an aesthetician there and she recommended I try the KS Daily Detox Cleanser in the morning with the Ole Henricksen Sheer Transformation moisturizer and at night Skyn Iceland Glacial Face Wash with my Clarisonic and follow it with the Skyn Iceland the Antidote Daily Lotion.  She gave me samples and I went home to try.  The things was, I had a $15 gift card they sent me in the mail that had to be used in 2 days, so I only had two days to try.  But, I decided to go back and get the Glacial Face Wash and the Sheer Transformation moisturizer.  But, I kept using the samples and while I wasn't too fond of the Antidote lotion at first because it has this minty cooling effect, my face has actually IMPROVED!  I should say I was always using the MD Skincare Alpha Beta Peel pads at night between cleansing and moisturizing, I've been using them off and on since a little before my wedding (which was in October) they are supposed to be used every day, but 1.  I'm lazy and 2. they cost a fortune (though I got mine through Rue La La discounted).  Anyway, I'm hoping this skin improvement is lasting.  I might have to go buy the KS cleanser and the Antidote lotion after the holidays, all this stuff adds up!  The samples are almost gone though, so we'll see if the skin lasts with only the one cleanser and lotion.

Here's a visual to avoid this post being too boring!




No comments:

Post a Comment