Pages

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Scheduling

I have a lot going on right now.  I'm working two jobs, which take up most of my time, but I have other things I need/want to get done.  I'm still trying to finish my personal training certification (I know, I know) and I really need to get back to working out.  Plus, I have a list of things I just want to do and of course I want to do them now, while I have no time.
1. Learn to actually use my camera for everything it can do, and maybe take a class.
2. Learn CSS and maybe Perl.  I can use Dreamweaver a little, but I'd like to learn more.
3. Blog more.  I'd like to actually get to the point where people read this.  Do people read this?
4. Hoist this freelance career off the ground.
5. Oh and I bought this month pass to a rock gym (a groupon or livingsocial deal, I forget) so I need to fit that in somewhere.
6. Meditate.  This kind of includes cleaning out my back room to make a space for yoga and meditation (there are definitely still wedding gifts back there and out two year anniversary is in a few weeks).

So, I figure to get all these things done and stay sane, I need a schedule.  I'm not too keen on having my life totally scheduled out, but I don't see any other way.  And I'm pretty sure a schedule is the only way I'll be sure to sleep.  Last week, I was up past midnight every night and that can only last so long.

First, I'm going to have to start preparing for the weeks on the weekends.  Meal plan and grocery shop (the slow cooker is going to become my new best friend), maybe I should even start planning my outfits for the week (have I ever mentioned I am not a morning person and pretty slow moving in the AM?).  In spite of this, I think I might have to go back to AM workouts.

Okay, let's write this out.

5:50 am - wakeup
6:00 am - get on the spin bike and spin, spin, spin!
6:45 am -shower
7:00 am - dress, eat breakfast or make it to go
7:30 am - leave for work
8:00 am to 5 pm - work job 1
5:30 pm - stop at Starbucks on the way home to get other work done and avoid some traffic
7:30 pm - drive home
8:00 pm to 10:00 pm - more work and dinner
10:00 pm to 11 pm - write or study

Ok, so that's a pretty full schedule and really not that exciting.  Maybe I should work more on the weekends to free up some time in the week?  Ugh.  I'll be happy when I'm only working one job again.  I'm aiming to work 40 hrs. at job 1 (because I have to) and 20 hrs. at job 2.  That's 4 hours M-F or maybe I can do 4 hours Saturday and Sunday and 2 to 3 hours during the week?  That sounds like a better plan.  Ha, I've lost it.  I need to add about 5 more hours to each day!  On that note, I'm going to bed.

2 comments:

  1. Where are you getting your PT Cert from? ACT offers a really thorough program for very little $$$, tons of support and they just became accredited! I hope to get my cert someday, but I need to finish up my Holistic Health Coach cert first! Best of luck to you!! You'll get there, it just takes time =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christy, I'm getting it from ISSA. I signed up for it over 2 years ago. An online course was probably not the best idea for me! I have until January to finish before it basically expires. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete