Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Posture

I'm studying to get my PT certification (who knows if I'll ever use it, but I paid for it, so I want to get it) and I was just reading about posture.  And it occurred to me that I have a Lordosis deviation.  

Now, if you know me in real life, you probably know that I have Cerebral Palsy and this is most likely the cause for my deviation.  It means that I have a tight lower back and hip flexors and possibly weak abs.  Who knew all those doctors and physical therapists who told me I should stretch were right?!  I'm now 30 years old and just realizing, hey maybe I should stretch!  Maybe if I stretched I'd be in less pain on a regular basis, what a concept!  So, here I am making a conscious decision to stretch everyday.  When crossing your legs while sitting becomes slightly uncomfortable, it's time to make a change!

No comments:

Post a Comment