Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Forks Over Knives

I just went to see "Forks Over Knives" with my Momma.  I dragged her along in hopes that she might come away from it with a new outlook on the food she eats.  Let's hope it worked!  I thought it was a really informative movie, though slightly upsetting.  It did get me thinking though.  I think I'm going to take the summer to eat a more "whole foods, plant based diet" and see what happens.  Maybe I'll some weight and my skin will clear up, who knows!  I went vegetarian for about 4 months a few years ago, but it really didn't work me, I think the problem was I are a lot of faux meat rather than a lot whole foods.  This time I'm gonna try to just eat more veggies and grains.  Oh, and I'm going to stay out of Chick fil a for awhile.  I probably average once a week (though I've had moments of eating it twice a day), so cutting it out for awhile will probably do wonders for me.  And maybe if my mom sees me making a change, she'll try it too.  The fact that the two main doctors in the movie were in their 70s but looked so young or one of the women they featured got a gold medal in a triathlon at age like 47, while battling cancer (which later disappeared) or that the one doctor's son made a career out of triathlons for over 10 years and then at 34 yrs. of age, decided to become a fire fighter (and could climb up the fire pole using just his arms) should be proof enough that there might something to the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment