Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Bush excavation

We've been living in our house for almost 5 years now and there's been this awful bush in the front yard since we moved in.  It blocks most of the front of the house and I've always been concerned with strangers hiding behind it.  Yes, I know I'm nuts.


See, it's huge.  And really ugly.




It was a total of six different trees grown together, plus those awful tiny shrubs that are kinda sticky.  It took all day for my wonderful husband to dig them out.  One broken shovel and one lost (then found) wedding ring.



But look how much better it looks gone!  Plus, no more chance for scary strangers to jump out from behind it!  The only problem is now we have a dirt pit with a bunch of big rocks thrown in and I'm not sure what to do with it!  I kinda want to put my raised bed there, but we get a lot of foot traffic on our street (I think there's a bus stop nearby) so I'm kind of afraid someone will steal my veggies or just ruin them for the hell of it!  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment