Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Cookies and other sweets

It's Sunday night so why not make some cookies?!  I decided to try a few new recipes I found online.  First, I baked some chocolate chip oat protein nuggets and then I rolled up some raw vegan chocolate chip cookie dough balls.  I almost forgot the peanut butter for the nuggets, I had them on the cookie sheet ready to go in the oven when I remembered!  I added protein powder to the dough balls and used actual chocolate chips.  I'm not vegan, so I used what I had.  The dough balls didn't stay together too easily either, maybe because of the protein powder, but I doubt it.  Both are pretty good, different than what I'm used to, but will definitely hit the spot when I'm looking for a sweet treat!  




Yesterday, I met up with an old friend who was doing me a favor.  As a thank you, I brought her coffee and baked a cake.  I had seen this chocolate peanut butter fun cake in my latest Bon Appetit magazine and really wanted to make it!  I didn't realize it at first, but the cake itself was vegan.  The peanut butter icing was not, however.  Either way, it was delicious!  I think my friend would agree.


I guess it was a pretty good weekend for baking!  I didn't even have any plans to bake when I left work Friday.  Funny how what you set out to do and what you actually do are usually so far from each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment