Pages

Thursday, November 14, 2013

I'm back and plan to stay!

It's been a bit since I've posted and few things have changed since last we spoke.  I got two new jobs and got rid of the old one!  If you know me in "real life" then you know I really was not happy at my job.  I started off telling myself it was temporary, but it turned into 7 years!  First, it was, "we're buying a house", then it was "we're getting married" and finally "we're trying to have a baby and it's not working, so I need the insurance".  Well, I came to the end of my sixth failed IVF and decided it was time to move on!  And I have to say that even though it was a scary move, it was such a sense of relief!  I feared getting stuck there forever.  Don't get me wrong, the people were great but the job was not challenging and in no way what I saw myself doing as a career.  So, I decided to take a new position that was closer to the idea I have in my head for what I want to be doing.  It's not something I see myself doing forever, but it's the perfect job for right now.  The hours are flexible, the pay is better and the job itself is something I don't mind writing down when asked on questionnaires for my "occupation". 
Around the same time that I decided to change my full-time job, I also decided to join my friend in a direct sales position selling Thirty-one purses.  I haven't been doing it too long, but so far, so good!  I decided to do it after my friend told me how good she thought I'd be at it, live on a regular basis for months!  Haha.  I was leary because I'm not really a fan of speaking in front of groups but in the end I decided that was why I should do it!  So, my goals with this is to become a better public speaker and of course make some money.  They have a leadership coming up next September and I'd love to earn that for me and my husband!  I'm sure I'll post more on Thirty-one later.
With my new job, I work 4-10 hour days and I'm off Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  I told myself I'd take that extra time on Friday to work on other projects.  A big one is this blog!  I've been neglecting it and let's be honest, never really got it to where I wanted it before.  So, in the coming months, there will be some changes to layout and a serious increase in content.  I'm excited to see where I can take it!  I hope any readers I have now will come back and bring friends!  See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment