Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

My Body, My Temple.

A couple weeks ago my husband and I watched "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" and we just HAD to do the  juice fast afterwards.  Fast forward a few weeks and a rather expensive juicer and today was the first official (we juiced a little Friday as well) day of the five day fast we decided to do.  By about 4 o'clock I was starving and wanted to hurt somebody.  I almost gave up and ate eggs, but instead I opted for a smoothie made with greek yogurt, strawberries, banana, spinach, peanut butter, protein powder, chocolate soy milk and oats.  Not juice, but not too bad.  It kinda curbed my hunger.  We'll see how tomorrow goes.  I was thinking earlier today that I wish I didn't worry so much about being fat.  I wish I could just make the right food choices and enjoy them instead of trying all these extreme things to lose weight.  I usually end up giving up in the first few days (or day) and then feeling bad about it.  Why can't I be one of those girls who has a good balance of diet and exercise going and a flat stomach?!  Sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment