Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2010

My new favorite movie! (aka and why my life sucks)

Ok, so I have been trying to watch Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist for awhile, but it just wasn't happening, but I finally got to watch it last night with B.  He slept through most of it, but I watched the whole thing and loved it!  It made me wish I was back in high school when I was young and in love and ready to take on the world!  It was super cute!  Lately, actually for awhile now, I've been depressed about the current state of my life.  Not so much my family or friends, but my job.  This is just not where I'd ever thought my life would be at this point.  Quite frankly, I did not go $40,000 in debt for a college degree so I can do data entry and drag an drop folders, which is, essentially what I do.  It's ridiculous.  The problem is, I'm afraid to take the plunge and quit.  I have a car payment and a mortgage (not to mention those friggin school loans) and we're trying to be adults and think about the future and how can I handle all that with no job?  But, is it really better to stay in a job I hate??  Ugh.



Also, I saw a picture of Drew Barrymore (I think) and she has a tattoo on her wrist that says, "Stay true to yourself" and I thought I should totally get that tattooed on my wrist (one of the few places I'd get a tattoo) to remind me on the regular that I need to do what makes me happy.  Because, believe it or not, when you spend a lot of time doing something you hate, it's really easy to forget that there are other options in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment