Pages

Friday, March 5, 2010

Becoming a Personal Trainer

I'm in the process of studying to get my certification to become a personal trainer.  It's taking me awhile, mostly because of other things getting the way (wedding, writing class) and oh yeah, I'm lazy, but I've finally realized I'm never going to get it done, if I don't do it!  So, while I'm studying, I'm also trying to work out a ton and get in great shape, because really, who wants a fat personal trainer?  Now, it's not like I'm obese, but I do have this tire around my waist that does not appeal to me at all.  And I'm afraid the only way I'm ever going to get rid of it, is if I stop eating baked goods, but I love baked goods! (I'm eating a chocolate chip cookie as I type, it's from Whole Foods, but still.)  I'm actually thinking about doubling my workouts (like twice a day) just so I can keep eating cookies.  I don't think I eat so terribly, it's just the baked items get me!  So far today I've eaten steel cut oats (less than a 1/4 cup because I cooked them too long and half of them got stuck to the pot) with Agave Nectar, green tea, blackberries, an EVOL shredded beef burrito, pieces of sourdough pretzel and that cookie.  Is that horrible?  I mean, it is only 1 pm, so maybe that is horrible, but I don't know.  I sit at a desk all day, I get bored, I eat!
Anyway, this is supposed to be about me being a trainer!  I've come realize that the trainers at my gym do not really make that much money and while life isn't all about the money, it's not fun being broke.  So, I think I want to put in some time at a gym and then move on to having my own clients.  Maybe I'll even have a little gym one day!  I also want to write for fitness magazines and I figure being a trainer will make me more of an expert.  Right?  Ha.  Plus, I'm a fan of sweatpants and I'm not allowed to wear them to my current job.

No comments:

Post a Comment