Pages

Friday, February 12, 2010

Mexican Night- Tres Leche Cake

This past weekend we were supposed to have my brother-in-law, his girlfriend and their baby over for tacos.  I decided to make it Mexican Night and make Chicken Tortilla soup, the recipe from my friend Erin, tacos, guacamole, and Tres Leche cake for dessert.  Unfortunately, they weren't able to make it last minute, due to bronchitis, but my boss came with his family instead, so the food still got eaten!  And I only had a minor heart attack at the thought of my boss coming to my house!  Anyway, here's the Tres Leche cake recipe from Martha Stewart and here's a photo tutorial!


Step 1- Separate yolks and whites


Step 2- Mix sugar and yolks


Until it combines


Step 3- Beat egg whites


Until they are soft peaks


Step 4- Fold together yolks and whites


Step 5- Fold in flour


Step 6- Put in greased pan

Step 7- Scrape brown layer off the top with a knife



Step 8- Combine evaporated, condensed and whole (I only had fat free) milks


Step 9- Pour over cake and put in fridge for at least an hour


Unfortunately, due to the craziness of Friday night, I forgot to take a picture!  But essentially, you cut the cake after it's been refrigerated overnight and top with whipped cream (which you make by beating 1 1/2 cups heavy cream with a tablespoon of powdered sugar.  Everyone seemed to like it and my husband has been eating the leftovers right from the pan sans whipped cream all week.

No comments:

Post a Comment