Pages

Friday, April 11, 2014

Impromptu Trip to NYC

While looking for museums in DC with Kiki Smith exhibits, I found out she had one at Pace Gallery in NYC.  But, it was ending in two days.  So, I decided to take a day trip to NYC!  I only live 2 hrs. away and I'm lucky enough to not work on Fridays, so why not?  I couldn't find anyone else interested or able to go with me on a Friday, but I'm fine with doing things alone.
I took two trains and arrived around 1 to a rainy, cold city.  First, I went to Pace Gallery to see the exhibit. 

Train selfie


Kiki Smith



Then, I decided to check out Chelsea Market.  I had googled it prior and it sounded like just the place for me!  Yummy food all around!



Los Tacos Lunch!


High line right next to the market

After the market and relaxing on the High line, I found Blue Bottle Coffee and got a mocha to help warm me up!  It was still rainy and cold, Spring apparently hadn't gotten the memo yet.  Unfortunately, since it was so cold, I didn't get to try the New Orleans iced coffee that Blue Bottle is known for.  I totally plan to go back and try this summer though and I hear it'll be sold in Whole Foods soon!


Serious coffee art (is that a thing?) skills!

After the coffee, I had to use the restroom so I went back to the market and decided lobster roll lunch boxes would be perfect for me to take home for dinner!  I apparently had lost my mind, I don't know why I thought carrying those on two trains (the one from NYC to Trenton was PACKED) back home would be fun.  I came home with cookies from Sarabeth's (and a mug for my sister, Sarabeth), brownies from Fat Witch, The King from Liddabit Sweet, and lobster roll lunch boxes from The Lobster Place.  It might be the first time I didn't come home with cupcakes!  I couldn't walk the next day, but it was a great time and I'm glad I went!  Can't wait to go back when it's warmer.


No comments:

Post a Comment